Friday, March 14, 2008

The Band Aid.

I was at Walgreens the other week, buying medicine - for my cat - and remembered that I was out of band aids. While I was waiting for my cat's prescription to be filled, I ran over to the first aid section, grabbed the Band-Aid brand box, flipped it over, and to my surprise: Made in China.

Hesitantly, I grabbed a Walgreens-brand "Adhesive Bandages", and even more so to my surprise, a big ol' "Made in USA" is on them! Who'd have thought that a brand like Band-Aid would be made in China, and the generic stuff would be made in USA?



So, for your first aid needs, The Ethical Shopper recommends: Walgreens Flexible Fabric Adhesive Bandages. $2.99 for 36 of 'em. They're awesome - flexible, breatheable, and durable. And for you rough'n'tough types, they're even available in a "Strong-Strips" version, which is even more durable.

I never would've dreamed that a household name like Band-Aid would rub salt in my (ethical) wound. (sorry, couldn't resist).

1 comment:

Unknown said...

you should really just be using leaves and twine to treat wounds. your used band-aid is just going to end up in a landfill...