Saturday, February 18, 2012

The Nail Clippers.

I enjoy a tidy, short, and well-manicured fingernail - it makes playing stringed instruments easier, typing on a keyboard less annoying, and to me, looks better. Long has it been since my convenience-store nail clippers have shoddily clipped my nails, leaving sharp angles that have to be filed down, followed by hangnails a few days later. And I've always complained about them, while doing nothing about it.

Klhip to the rescue!

I got an awesome surprise present in the mail from my sister-in-law (thanks Lisa!), which had the aptly-named "Ultimate Clipper" from Klhip inside.

Made in USA out of stainless steel, this little clipper will undoubtedly last a lifetime (and is warrantied as such), and if it wasn't weird to call nail clippers a family heirloom, these would totally be in my will, cause they're that awesome and will last for that long.

Klhip has won a bunch of design awards, both as a product and as a company, however what I really care about is how this little guy clips m'claws - and boy, does it. The "backwards" lever is actually the way it should be, as it provides pressure right over your nail. That makes the sharp blade's work even easier and the cuts all the more smooth and clean - thus making filing all the less necessary... which is almost a bummer, because I like filing my nails.

They fold up to be pretty compact, and come with a handy awesome tin or a superfluous leather sleeve (sorry, vegan habit to bash the leather).

I only hope Klhip comes out with a bigger toenail clipper soon, as my toenails are already jealous of their fingerly friends!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

hi John.

herbsandspices said...

Oh, hello.

Yu Allen said...

Your blog is very interesting, would you like to try to cooperate with us? Email: naturalpuerh@gmail.com